Effective date: Saturday, April 17th, 2021
Natural Dividends Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.naturaldividends.org/ website (the “Service”)
• what information we collect from you
• why we collect it
• how we use that information
• how we share that information
• how you can change how we collect information and communicate with you
We’ve tried to keep this policy as simple as possible, but, if you’re not familiar with technology terms such as “cookies,” you can learn about them here. If you have any questions about the policy, please contact us here.
What does personal information mean?
Personal information is non-public information that personally identifies you. This includes your name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as sensitive information such as your age, race or ethnic origin, religion, political affiliations, sexual orientation, criminal history, and trade union or association memberships. It may also include information such as your biometrics, genetics or medical history, and the instructions you give us about how we communicate with you.
How do we collect information about you?
Information you provide to us
We collect personal information you give to us directly. For example, we collect it:
• when you talk to us in phone calls or in meetings with our staff
• when you register for an account
• when you apply for our Brand Ambassador program
• whe you submit any form created by us
• when you make customer service requests
• when you access https://www.naturaldividends.org/ or any of our websites, networks, or apps through your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone
The information we collect from you this way can vary widely, from information about your age to a new e-mail address.
Information we collect automatically when you use our online services
We may automatically record certain information when you use our online services through your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone. This may include your:
• IP address or other device address or ID
• web browser and/or device type
• the features of the apps you use
• the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our services
• the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our services
• the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our services
We may also collect information about your interactions with our email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. We provide more information below about how we use technologies to automatically collect information.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect personal and non-personal information from third parties such as:
We may also collect information about you from your website, social media pages, or from online reviews of your business.
If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information we collect from you, we will treat the combined information as personal information and treat it as described in this policy.
How do we use personal information we collect?
We use personal information to provide better service to you and to improve our operations.
For service reasons
We use personal information to:
• provide you with services
• respond to your requests and questions
• [verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes]
• verify information with third parties for accuracy
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
• provide information about our pre-approved and other promotional offers
• provide information about products and services offered by third parties
For learning about our users
We use automatically-collected information to learn about usage trends and preferences of our users. This helps us:
• personalize our services
• personalize our communications
• keep track of how users provide information to us online
• monitor the use of our online services generally, such as the number of users and which pages they use, and how they respond to promotions
• develop new products
• generally do a better job for our users
We gather automatically-collected information from all our online users, not just you.
When do we share your information?
We do not share your personal information with organizations or individuals outside of Natural Dividends Inc. except as follows:
With your consent
We may share personal information outside of Natural Dividends Inc. when we have your consent to do so. Please note that we do not sell, rent, or otherwise share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
For service reasons
We may share personal information with:
• Employees, personnel, corporate and community partners, consultants, clients, and volunteers
• Third parties that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us
For legal reasons
We may share personal information with:
• Law enforcement agencies, courts, or others when legally required, such as under a subpoena, court order, bankruptcy action, or other legal process, or to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental officials
• Third parties when we believe it is appropriate to take precautions against liability, protect ourselves against unlawful activity, investigate and defend against third-party claims, protect the security and integrity of our operations, protect our property, enforce our legal rights, or protect the safety and rights of others
• Acquirers or successors as part of a merger, sale of assets, or similar transaction to which we are party (should this occur, we will continue to ensure that these privacy policies apply to personal information) Generally, we limit the information we share to that which is reasonably necessary for these third parties to perform specific functions.
We do not consider personal information to include information that does not identify a specific user. This includes automatically-collected, aggregated, or other information that is anonymous. We may make this information available to third parties. For example, we may provide it when we comply with reporting obligations, carry out marketing activities, or study users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns.
Can you make changes in how we collect and use information, and how we communicate with you?
There are a variety of ways for you to change how we collect and use your information, and how we communicate with you. As described below, you may:
• choose not to provide us with information
• update your information
• opt-out of one or more forms of communication from us
• limit how we collect information automatically
• disable location services on your mobile device
Here is more information about your choices:
Not providing information
You may choose not to share certain personal information with us. That is entirely up to you. Not sharing some information may mean that we will not be able to provide you with some services, products, and online capabilities.
Updating your information
We want to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you have any questions about what personal information we have about you, or you wish to access or change any personal information, you may contact us at here.
Please note that your ability to change certain information may depend on your account type and account status. We’ll let you know about that when we respond to your request.
[Opting out of marketing emails, texts, mail, phone calls or faxes
We may send marketing communications to you in a variety of ways, including emails, texts, regular mail, phone calls, and faxes. If you do not wish to receive one or more of these types of communications from, you may so instruct us by visiting our Communications Preference Center and updating your preferences, or by following directions that may be provided in the communication.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of marketing communications you receive from us, it may take up to 10 business days for us to process your request. In addition, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.]
Changing how information is collected automatically
As discussed later in this policy, you can make adjustments in the settings of the web browsers on your device to modify your cookie settings. This affects how information is collected automatically when you use your device.
[Turning on location services on your mobile device
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services on the device’s setting menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your device.]
Using Do-Not-Track signals
We do not specifically respond to Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signals. Some third-party websites keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. Your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that these third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
How do we protect your personal information?
We use physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect personal information:
• We store and process personal information on our computers in North America where our facilities are located
• We use safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our computers, and authorization controls for information access
• We review and update our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to help guard against unauthorized access
We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any personal Information, and you provide information to us with that understanding. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our services. Even after information posted on our websites is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on our websites if a security breach occurs.
When you use our websites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website. That information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our websites, you may not be able to use the features of our websites to their fullest potential.
Third-Party Web Beacons
We may use third-party content or advertising on our websites that use various forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of that content.
We may use third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that allow third parties to collect information about you through their browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties. Natural Dividends Inc. does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to your relationship with Natural Dividends Inc. and its affiliates, if any, including both your personal and online interactions with us.
This policy does not apply to services offered by other nonprofits, businesses, or individuals, including other sites linked to our sites or that you hear about from us. Information you provide to third parties is provided directly to them, not us. It is subject to their policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through our sites.
For clarity, we are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of those third-party sites or services, or for their products or services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may alert us here and we will, subject to applicable law and other provisions of this policy, use commercially reasonable efforts to delete it from our database.
If you use our services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you should know you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
Changes and updates to this policy
We may change this policy at any time. For example, as technologies, laws, or user needs change, our websites and its features may also change. We will communicate these changes to you by posting them on our websites and/or by notifying you through email.
This policy is intended to supplement any federal and state laws applicable to us relating to the privacy of information we obtain from our borrowers and others.
Questions and instructions
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by request here